Joining Pressible allows you to create your own Pressible site and collaborate and interact with other Pressible users.
Account Registration and Security. Pressible users are responsible for all actions and content contributed by their account, and for maintaining their account security. If you believe your Pressible account has been subject to unlawful use, contact Pressible immediately. Pressible is not responsible for such breaches or any damages incurred from breaches.
Responsibility of Contributors. Pressible users are responsible for all Content they create on any and all Pressible sites, including posts, comments, tags, uploads, and Content you allow third parties to contribute to your Pressible site. As a Pressible user, you commit to the following:
- Third Parties. Any use of Content from a third party does not infringe on the rights of that party, including but not limited to proprietary rights, intellectual property rights of a user’s employer, or appropriate communication of third-party licenses;
- Commercial Content. Pressible accounts are not to be used for commercial communications, including unlawful multi-level marketing, automatic or random collection of user data for commercial purposes, or spam, i.e. any repeated communication, advertising, or self-promotion;
- Coded Content. Content that includes computer code is described accurately and does not contain or install any harmful, destructive, or data-mining content;
- Inappropriate Content. Pressible users and subscribers agree that the Content they contribute is not pornographic, libelous or defamatory, does not contain threats or incite violence toward any entity or individual, or violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third-party.
Support. Pressible is an ongoing project supported by Teachers College at Columbia University. As such, its obligations to Pressible users within Teachers College and Columbia University differ from non-affiliated users.
- Help and support is available to users who are members of the Teachers College community at the discretion of the Gottesman Libraries staff. Requests through our Support System will usually be answered in under 24 hours.
- Due to network size and server limitations, Pressible cannot guarantee support to users not affiliated with Teachers College and/or Columbia University. We will do our best to offer support through our Support and FAQ.
- VIP Services & Support. Pressible offers limited VIP service and support to users affiliated with Teachers College. Recipients of such VIP services and support are determined by Gottesman Libraries staff.
Use of Content Submitted or Made Available Through Pressible For Promotional Purposes. Pressible does not claim ownership over Content you submit or make available through your Pressible site. With respect to Content you make publicly available, Pressible reserves the right to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, and publicly display such Content for the sole purpose of providing and promoting Pressible services in the manner that the Content was made available. This license exists only for as long as the Content is available on Pressible and will terminate at the time you or Pressible removes content from the site. This license does not exist to Content denoted as Private or Draft.
- These Terms of Service preempt any rights you reserve by individually licensing your Content, whether through site-wide licensing or licensing of individual pieces of Content.
Termination. Pressible may terminate access to all or part of Pressible or a user’s site at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Pressible account, you may discontinue using the website or delete your sites from Pressible.
- Users not affiliated with Teachers College and/or Columbia University are subject to service termination due to server capacity and Pressible’s limited responsibility to non-affiliated users. In the instance that non-affiliated users must be terminated for such reasons, Pressible will provide advance notice to users. Pressible cannot guarantee content after a timeframe as stated by such advance notice, nor can it be held responsible for offloading user content under such conditions.
Disclaimer of Warranties. Pressible is provided “as is” and disclaims all warranties of any kind, express or implied. Pressible is a project in development and makes no warranty that the it will be error free or that access will be continuous or uninterrupted.
Changes. These Terms of Service are subject to change at any time without notice. Users’ continued access and contributions to Pressible signify their agreement to these Terms. All new features are subject to these Terms.